Guidelines for FPLC use
- You must sign up when you use the FPLC. Note your name, the
days on which you used the instrument, what you purified, what
column you used, and check that you’ve cleaned everything
to the best of your ability.
- Columns must be cleaned after use with how much a high salt
buffer (what), and many are then stored in a 20% aqueous EtOH
- Always detach and properly cap your column after use!
- Pumps, lines, etc. should be washed with how much water and
how much 20% EtOH.
- Syringes and loops should be washed and stored (where).
- Injector port should be washed with how much of what.
- Most importantly, THERE SHOULD BE NO TRACE OF YOUR PROTEIN
OR ANY OF WHAT YOU PURIFIED IT FROM LEFT IN THE FPLC AFTER YOU
- Pick up all of your pipette tips, eppys, etc.
THE FPLC IS FOR ALL OF US. If you are in doubt about how to clean
it, please ask someone with more experience for help!
Thanks everyone for your help.